The Pytchley is a well-established, independent business that has been trading in the village of West Haddon under the current ownership for 40 years. In that time, we have ridden the storms of several recessions, food crises and credit crunches whilst growing and adapting our business model to meet new markets and ever-changing eating out habits.
There is a genuine sense of community working for The Pytchley – our current workforce includes employees who have been with the company for several decades, several generations from the same families, and students working flexible part-time hours and returning during university holidays to help fund their education. Many staff return to The Pytchley after career breaks. As an independent small-to-medium size employer, there are genuine opportunities for career enhancement for ambitious and committed individuals.
2-4 nights per week. 11pm-7am.
– being on call if residents require anything at night.
– various cleaning jobs in the restaurant.
– occasional bar service.
– checking out early rising guests.
Please call Tracy on 01788510426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to find out more.
Chef de partie / line chef
– some evening/weekend shifts. No split shifts.
– part time: 20-25hrs per week
– full time: 40+ hrs per week.
– Preparing dishes from the menu.
– Help in developing blackboard specials and function menus.
– Supervision of commis chefs and kitchen porters
– Work with the kitchen team, deliverering quality and consistency.
– Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety.
– Monitoring portion and waste control
– chargrill experience useful but not essential.
– experience working in a high high volume restaurant environment preferred, but personality and potential are key to success rather than simply previous experience.
– Flexibility, good communication skills, willingness to learn, as well as the ability to work quickly and to stay calm under pressure.
Call Tracy on 01788510426.
Barstaff/waitstaff aged 18+
Part time hours to be agreed, but will include some evening and weekend shifts.
The varied role requires a flexible approach, including bar work, taking food orders, serving customers & clearing tables. There is opportunity for advancement in duties and responsibilities.
Seeking friendly, reliable & well-presented individuals. You should have a cheerful and energetic attitude – service with a smile is key.
To apply, contact Emily Miller on 01788510426, email email@example.com or pop in to The Pytchley and ask for an application form.
Trainee Commis/Kitchen Assistant
Full-time and part time availabilities – but will include Sundays and some evening shifts.
We are now seeking highly motivated individuals to join the kitchen team.
You should be eager to learn with a positive can-do attitude.
Some food prep experience would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
Call 01788510426 for an informal chat.