Covid measures – Some reassurances from us
Ahead of opening at the beginning of July the team here have invested considerable time & expense ensuring that The Pytchley is a Covid-secure place to visit – and we will continue to uphold the very best standards to ensure that your visit is a safe, but relaxing and as near normal experience as possible.
With the health and welfare of our customers and staff at the centre of everything we do, we have produced extensive risk assessments addressing every aspect of & department within our business. Taking government guidelines as a ‘bare minimum’ our risk assessments detail revised procedures and rigorous hygiene protocols, and all staff have been fully trained in the implementation of best practice.
- Capacity – no overcrowding. We are lucky to have a spacious venue here at The Pytchley. Tables have been removed and those remaining have been spaced at 1m+distancing, with neighbouring chairs back to back to further mitigate risk.
- Pre-booking. All tables are by reservation only enabling us to further control capacity. Currently, in line with government restrictions we are only able to take bookings for tables from up to two households inside or outside (we have capped the table number at 8 people), or up to 6 individuals from 6 households outside only.
- Inside and outside dining & drinking. We have three distinct dining areas inside to choose from, and if you are still feeling apprehensive about eating in, we have an extensive al fresco area and covered beer garden offering plenty of choice for customers
- Table service. No queuing or approaching the bar. Your drinks and food orders are now taken at the table resulting in minimum movement throughout the venue and ensuring social distancing throughout. You will notice increased staff-to-customer ratios & enjoy better service. Staff are trained to stand at a safe but practical distance, side-on wherever possible, to minimise contact.
- Face coverings. Whilst you are not expected to wear a mask when visiting The Pytchley, we hope that you will be reassured to find that all our staff wear face-coverings for your protection.
- Hand hygiene. You will be asked to sanitise your hands before entering the building. There are further hand-sanitising stations throughout the dining areas and in our outside marquee. In addition all staff follow the strictest of hand-sanitising protocols and carry personal sanitisers in addition to frequent use of sanitising stations.
- Cleanliness & hygiene. The Pytchley enjoys a five star food safety rating awarded by the local authority, and a 100% property hygiene rating from VisitEngland.
In response to the current pandemic we have increased our usual high standards of cleanliness even further with rigorous hygiene protocols throughout. Longer turn-round times between reservations ensures that your table, including chairs and surrounding touchpoints will have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to seating.
Cutlery & disposable menus & condiments will all be brought to your table once seated. All touchpoints throughout the public areas are regularly disinfected throughout service with special attention to door handles, handrails, light switches and of course public toilets, including taps and touchpoints, will be frequently and meticulously cleaned and disinfected.
- One-way systems. Entry is via our front entrance, and exit through the bar or Ascot room exits only. This avoids congestion and pinch points throughout the building. You will be required to wait in our entrance (at 2m distances) to be be seated by your host. There is a ‘one-in-one-out’ system for our toilets. There is a one-way system in operation through our kitchens, and new working practices minimise the number of front of staff entering the kitchens.
- Screening. Discrete perspex screens provide further protection at our reception and bar.
- Track and trace. We are required to take contact name and number from one guest per booking. These details will be kept for 21 days only, and only used if required by the NHS track and trace service. This is a requirement by law.
- Hotel accommodation & kitchen risk assessments. If you would like to know more about what we are doing at The Pytchley to ensure the safety of our overnight guests, housekeeping & kitchen staff, in addition to our public areas, please contact us and we will be more than happy to publish our full risk assessments.
Thank you for your patience. These new protocols and social distancing requirements both front-of-house and in our kitchens mean that we are unable currently to offer such a wide choice on our menu as we would like. Additionally, service times may be slightly extended and it’s possible you may have to wait slightly longer than previously for your food or drinks. We look forward to a time when business returns to ‘normal’. In the meantime, we’d like to thank all our customers for your ongoing support and understanding.